U.S. & World Coin News and Articles
NEW From PCGS: Put Two Coins in One Holder
PCGS is pleased to introduce a versatile holder especially handy for any collector who would like to showcase coins in pairs. It can be used to holder any two standard-sized coins you choose, whether it's a two-coin set like the San Francisco 75th Anniversary coins or two coins that are completely different. It's available at no extra charge vs. two standard holders.
The one-of-a-kind two-coin holder offers the same security features as our standard holders. As with all other PCGS holders, coins encapsulated in the new double holders qualify for the PCGS guarantee of grade and authenticity.
Pictured are examples of how you can utilize this new holder. Submit two of the same coin or two different coins, the choice is yours. Anyone can request this special two-coin holder. Just follow the steps below when completing your submission form:
- Two-coin holder orders must be submitted on their own submission form
- Select either Standard or Secure Plus service type
- Select service level (only one service level per submission form)
- Notate "Two Coin Holder" on the "Other" service line
- List each coin individually as coins will be encapsulated based on line number
Example: Holder 1 = line 1-2, Holder 2 = line 3-4, etc.
- Add additional notes (as needed) to assist PCGS in meeting your specific requests
- Include payment for grading or reholder fees (each coin will incur fee) return shipping fee, and handling fee
- No additional special holder fee applies
Answers to Common Questions:
- The two-coin holder is currently only available for PCGS standard-sized holders
- Certification numbers will be consecutive starting with line one
- Reholder orders will maintain the original certification number
- PCGS will make every attempt to fulfill requests to holder coins with similar grades together (please include detailed notes on the submission form)
- The turnaround time is dependent on the selected service level and any special requests
For any other questions or concerns, please contact Customer Service at [email protected] or 800-447-8848.