Please follow these important instructions when submitting your coins directly to PCGS for grading. By following these instructions for each submission form, you will prevent any delays in processing your order. Missing information will cause delays. If you have any questions regarding the submission form that are not answered below, please contact PCGS Customer Service at [email protected] or (800) 447-8848.
Dealer/Member Name and Dealer/Member Number:
Fill out your name and member number. Your member number is located on your welcome letter or your account online.
Membership/Subscription (automatically renewed):
If you're not currently a member or need to renew, select "Join the Collectors Club" for $69. Visit pcgs.com/join
Return Shipping Address:
Print your name, address, telephone number and email address in the spaces provided. Please be sure this information is legible as it will determine the address your shipment is being returned to.
The submission number is located in the upper right corner of the submission form; this will be your reference number when inquiring about this submission.
Indicate the total number of submission forms (orders) you will be mailing in your package.
Only available, for PCGS Authorized Dealers, by appointment only.
Alternate Return Shipping:
Only fill this area in if you have you own FedEx or USPS Express mail account. You must provide your own account number and you are responsible for your own insurance. A $2 fee per order will be charged if using this shipping method.
Select only one of the two Service Groups:
- Standard Service.
- Secure Service
For Secure Service, add an additional $5 per coin (excludes Rarities, Show Rarity and Guarantee Resubmission). The entire order must be Standard or Secure Service. You cannot mix Service Groups on the same submission form. Coins Required for Secure Service: 1. All World (non-U.S.) coins except for Modern service level coins dated 1965 to date. 2. Any coin valued at $50,000 or higher.
Type of Submission:
Select the type of submission that you are submitting. The five options include: Grading
(coins currently in a PCGS holder), Crossover
(coins currently graded and in another third-party grading company’s holder), Reconsideration
(PCGS-graded coin regraded without being removed from its current holder), and Reholder
(Re-encapsulation of PCGS-graded coin). You cannot mix Grading, Regrades, Crossovers, Reconsiderations, or Reholders on the same form. For further explanation of each type visit the Services and Fees
page on PCGS.com
All coins submitted are subject to being deemed as Genuine (not gradable). PCGS may determine the coin’s condition has been permanently altered either by manmade actions or through environmental causes. Select one of the three options for Genuine Service. Only one option is allowed per submission form:
- Genuine with Details (default) (will print the coin problem as well as a details grade).
- Genuine no Details.
- Do not holder Genuine-only coins.
NOTE: Full grading fee will be charged.
: Refer to the PCGS Services and Fees on the form. You can only choose one service level per submission form. Tokens and Medals should be submitted under the appropriate service level based on their declared values. For a list of eligible Tokens and Medals we certify please refer to PCGS.com/tokensandmedals
. To take advantage of the complimentary submission included in certain membership levels please mark "other" and on the blank line write "CC Voucher #XXXXXX". Please note the minimum requirements and restrictions for each service level.
Properly describe and value each coin submitted in this area.
- Quantity: Fill in the quantity of coins for that line. Example: If you have two of the exact same coin, you would write 2 as your quantity.
- PCGS Coin Number (Optional): Fill in the PCGS coin number that corresponds with the coin you are submitting. You can find U.S. coin numbers by visiting PCGS.com and select PCGS Coin Number Lookup under the Services tab.
- Date: Fill in the date of the coin being submitted and mint mark (if applicable).
- Denomination: Enter the face value of the coin you are submitting.
- Specify MS/PR/SP: Indicate the prefix of the coin you are submitting. MS = Mint State, PR = Proof, SP = Specimen
- Country: For non-U.S. coins, list the country in which your coin is from.
- Variety: Enter the variety of the coin if applicable.
Example: On a 1937-D Buffalo Nickel, the variety would be 3 Legs. While PCGS does not recognize every variety for all coins, we will recognize most varieties published in A Guide Book of United States Coins (also known as "The Red Book"). Some varieties will be recognized only through the Variety Attribution Service.
- Additional Services:
- TrueView: For an additional $10 per coin you may request a digital, high resolution image of each coin.
- Variety Attribution: For an additional $18 per coin PCGS will attribute select varieties such as VAM, Overton, Fivaz-Stanton, etc. on select coin series. PCGS guarantees all attributions through the Variety Program. To view a list of varieties PCGS is currently recognizing, visit the Variety Attribution section on the PCGS website.
- First Strike: For an additional $18 per coin PCGS will designate eligible coins with a First Strike label. See First Strike on PCGS.com for more information.
- Grade and Certification Number: This needs to be completed if submitting Regrades, Crossovers, Reconsiderations, or Reholders.
- Min. Grade: A minimum grade is the lowest grade you are willing to accept. If the coin does not meet the minimum grade, it will not be placed in a PCGS holder.
NOTE: Minimum grades are not accepted on Regrade or Reconsideration Service Types or coins dated prior to 1965.
For Raw Coins: Use this column only if you do not want your coin encapsulated unless it meets this minimum grade or higher. You will be charged the full grading fee even if your coin does not meet the minimum grade specified and is not encapsulated (only available for coins dated 1965 to date).
For Crossovers: For a coin previously graded (currently encapsulated) by another grading service, PCGS will holder the coin only if it meets or exceeds your specific request. Please specify one of the following options (If you leave this area blank, PCGS will assume the minimum grade is the grade currently on the holder).
Note the following limitations apply:
- "CURRENT" – Requests coins to cross at grade listed on holder
- "ANY" – Requests coins to cross at any numerical grade (01-70)
- "DETAILS" – Request Genuine with Details
- "LOWER GRADE" If you would like to specify a lower grade than listed on the holder, write your acceptable numerical grade (include suffix if applicable).
- You cannot specify a higher minimum grade.
- You cannot specify a minimum details grade for existing genuine-holdered coins.
- First Strike or equivalent will not be recognized.
Fees: Standard grading fees will apply whether the coin crosses or not (since the coin completed the grading process and our graders rendered an opinion). Coins that do cross will also be charged a Guarantee Premium based on the value of the coin. For coins which do not meet the minimum grade specified, the result for the coins will show as Did Not Cross.
There are instances when the outcome can be a "No Grade," in which case your coin will be returned to you in the same holder (see PCGS.com/grades for No Grade definitions). Please keep in mind that it is not uncommon for different grading services to reach different conclusions about the grade of a particular coin. PCGS is not bound, in any way, by an opinion rendered by another grading service.
- Declared Value: Each coin submitted must have an individual value on the submission form not to exceed the maximum coin value for the service level chosen. The total of the declared values placed here will determine your return shipping costs.
Total Declared Value:
Add all of the declared values from column “J”, place the total Declared Value on this line.
In this area, calculate grading and additional service fees. For the first line, list the number of coins you are submitting on the form multiplied by the grading fee for the service level you have chosen. If you’ve selected additional services (under item number 12), utilize the line(s) notated as "additional service fee" to calculate the additional cost. If you selected the Secure Service, utilize the line that says “Add Secure Service $5 per coin” to calculate the Secure Service fee (number of coins multiplied by $5). Please note: If your coin(s) require an oversized holder there is a mandatory additional fee of $20 per coin.
PCGS returns all orders Priority, Express or Registered Mail (based upon the declared value). Shipping rates are located on the back of PCGS submission forms. Shipping fees are calculated by the number of coins submitted and the total declared value of the submission. Shipping rates are subject to change. Return shipping fees are required for each submission. You may not combine shipping for multiple orders. Collectors Club members are responsible for return shipping and handling on complimentary submissions
Estimated Guarantee Premium:
This additional fee applies to Rarities, Crossovers and Reconsiderations. The Guarantee Premium is equal to 1% of the value of the coin in its final grade. The value of the coin is determined by the PCGS Price Guide value for that grade or the Declared Value of the coin, if the Price Guide value is not available. The minimum amount for the Guarantee Premium is $5. PCGS reserves the right to make the final determination of the coin’s value.
Estimated Total Charges:
Please ensure ALL
appropriate fees are calculated (shipping, handling, guarantee premium, additional services, etc.). If you are redeeming a voucher please ensure you attach the voucher to the submission form.
Method of Payment:
PCGS accepts checks, money orders and credit cards as form of payment for submission fees. Orders that will incur the Guarantee Premium fee must be paid with a credit card or an established line of credit with PCGS. Credit cards accepted are VISA, MasterCard, Discover or AMEX.
Please read the PCGS Grading Terms & Conditions on the back of the submission form and sign and date in this area. PCGS will not process your order unless you have signed the submission form. For additional information, please reference the PCGS Collectors Club Agreement
- House your coins individually in 2 ½" x 2 ½" mylar flips (we do not accept acrylic snap cases or cardboard and stapled coin holders). Place the coin in the inside front pouch of the flip so the openings of the flip are not exposed.
Note: PCGS highly recommends you use mylar flips when submitting any of your coins for grading. The inert mylar flips will be a better storage unit for your coins while they are in the grading process here at PCGS.
- For Grading (raw coins), label each mylar flip using a sticker. Write the submission number and the corresponding line number for that item on the sticker and place it on the flip.
- When utilizing the carbon, four page form, tear away the gold copy (last copy) and retain for your records. Send the remaining three copies with your coins to PCGS.
- Package securely and mark the outside of the package with the fastest service level you are sending. For complimentary submissions, please mark "CLUB." This will help expedite the processing of your order.
- You may send us more than one submission at a time in the same box. If you do this, be sure and fill out the "Package Information" block at the top of the submission form.
- Please be sure that each individual order has its own submission form and method of payment. We are unable to combine orders for return shipment unless you are utilizing your own USPS or FedEx account.
- Note: When mailing packages to PCGS, please be sure to tape the entire package. By taping the package well, you’ll reduce the chances of tampering during shipping and prevent items from slipping through the openings in the box.
- Ship via USPS Registered Mail (registered, insured) for safest delivery. Ship to: PCGS, P.O. Box 9458, Newport Beach, CA 92658
- If shipping via FedEx (excluding Ground), ship to: PCGS (Hold for pick up), 7000 Barranca Parkway, Irvine, CA 92618
- Keep a copy of the shipment tracking number for your records.
- No UPS or DHL shipments will be accepted.
- Visit www.pcgs.com/membership/ to check the status of your order.
- We do not accept postage stamps for return shipping. In addition, we do not accept boxes or containers for the return of your order.
As a Gold, Platinum or Diamond PCGS Collectors Club Member, you have been provided a voucher for complimentary coin grading submissions as part of your membership.
This voucher acts as payment for these submissions and must be presented in order to redeem your complimentary submissions.
You may submit your coins for either Grading (raw), Regrade, Crossover, or Reconsideration. You cannot submit U.S. and World coins together and you cannot submit Grading, Regrades, Crossovers or Reconsiderations on the same submission form.
To redeem your vouchers you must adhere to the following rules:
- Valid for submission of U.S. or World (non-U.S.) coins equivalent to either the Regular Standard or Regular Secure service level.
- Voucher is not valid for Restoration Services, Mint Errors, Special Issues, Additional Services, Guarantee Premium fees or coins valued over $3,000.
- Voucher cannot be used with any other discounts, specials or with any other paid submissions.
- The voucher is valid for the term of the original membership only. Please refer to expiration date printed on voucher.
- Be sure to attach the voucher to the submission form. Security features have been introduced; therefore, facsimiles and photocopies will not be accepted.
- You are responsible for Guarantee Premium fees and return shipping and handling on complimentary submissions.
PCGS CUSTOMER SERVICE: 800-447-8848 • pcgs.com • email: [email protected] • M - F 7:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. PST