Please follow these important instructions when submitting your coins directly to PCGS for grading. By following these instructions for each submission form, you will prevent any delays in processing your order. Missing information will cause delays. If you have any questions regarding the submission form that are not answered below, please contact PCGS Customer Service at email@example.com or (800) 447-8848.
1Dealer/Member Name and Dealer/Member Number:
Fill out your name and member number. Your member number is located on your welcome letter or when logged in to your online account.
You must be a PCGS Collectors Club member to submit coins for grading. If you’re not currently a member or need to renew, select the appropriate box to purchase an annual recurring membership for $49. You can also subscribe to PCGS CoinFacts for $99 (annual recurring subscription) by selecting the appropriate box. Visit pcgs.com/join
3Return Shipping Address:
Print your name, address, telephone number and email address in the spaces provided. Please be sure this information is legible as it will determine the address your shipment is being returned to.
The submission number is located in the upper right corner of the submission form; this will be your reference number when inquiring about this submission.
Indicate the total number of submission forms (orders) you will be mailing in your package.
6Alternate Return Shipping:
PCGS returns all orders Priority, Express or Registered Mail (based upon the declared value) unless noted here. If you choose to have your submissions returned via FedEx or USPS Express Mail Services, you must have your own account with FedEx or USPS and you are responsible for your own insurance
. Only fill in this area if you utilize your own account. A $2 fee per order is required if you choose to use your own shipping account.
Select only one of the four Service Groups:
Coins Required for Secure Service: 1. All World (non-U.S.) coins except for Modern service level coins dated 1965 to date. 2. Any coin valued at $50,000 or higher.
- Standard Service U.S.
- Secure U.S.
- Standard Service World (non-U.S.) (Modern Only - 1965 to date)
- Secure World (non-U.S.)
8Type of Submission:
Select the type of submission that you are submitting. The five options include: Grading
(coins currently in a PCGS holder), Crossover
(coins currently graded and in another third-party grading company’s holder), Reconsideration
(PCGS-graded coin regraded without being removed from its current holder), and Reholder
(Re-encapsulation of PCGS-graded coin). You cannot mix Grading, Regrades, Crossovers, Reconsiderations, or Reholders on the same form. For further explanation of each type of submission, see our Services and Fees flyer or visit PCGS.com
All coins submitted are subject to being deemed as Genuine (not gradable). PCGS may determine the coin’s condition has been permanently altered either by man made actions or through environmental causes. Select one of the three options for Genuine Service. Only one option is allowed per submission form:
- Genuine with Details (default) (will print the coin problem as well as a details grade).
- Genuine no Details.
- Do not holder Genuine-only coins.
Refer to the PCGS Services and Fees on the form. Based on submission type, select either the Standard or Secure fee. Note minimum requirements and restrictions. You can only choose one service level per submission form. To take advantage of the complimentary submission, please mark "OTHER," and on the blank line write "CC Voucher # XXXXXX."
- All World (Non-U.S.) coins must be submitted through the Secure Service except for Modern service level coins dated 1965 to date.
- Mint Errors and Special Issues (Colonials, Fractional Gold, Patterns, Territorials) have special service levels and must be submitted under the appropriate level.
Additional services can be added to any PCGS service:
- Oversized Holder: A $20 per coin fee applies to all coins that do not fit in our standard sized holder. This is in addition to the service level grading fee.
- TrueView Imaging Service: For $10 per coin, collectors may request a digital, high-resolution image of each coin.
- Variety Attribution: PCGS will attribute select varieties such as VAM, Overton, Fivaz-Stanton, etc. on select coin series. PCGS guarantees all attributions through the Variety Program. To view a list of varieties PCGS is currently recognizing, visit the Variety Attribution section on the PCGS website.
Example: If you are sending in one coin under the Regular Service level and would like Variety Attribution for that coin, Regular service is $32, and Variety Attribution is an additional $24.
- First Strike: See First Strike section on the PCGS website for eligible coins regarding this service.
Properly describe and value each coin submitted in this area.
- Quantity: Fill in the quantity of coins for that line. Example: If you have two of the exact same coin, you would write 2 as your quantity.
- PCGS Coin Number (Optional): Fill in the PCGS coin number that corresponds with the coin you are submitting. You can find U.S. coin numbers by visiting PCGS.com and select PCGS Coin Number Lookup under the Services tab.
- Date: Fill in the date of the coin being submitted and mint mark (if applicable).
- Denomination: Enter the denomination of the coin you are submitting.
- Country: For non-U.S. coins, list the country in which your coin is from.
- Variety: Enter the variety of the coin if applicable.
Example: On a 1937-D Buffalo Nickel, the variety would be 3 Legs. While PCGS does not recognize every variety for all coins, we will recognize most varieties published in A Guide Book of United States Coins (also known as "The Red Book"). Some varieties will be recognized only through the Variety Attribution Service.
- Current Grade/Certification Number: This needs to be completed if submitting Regrades, Crossovers, Reconsiderations, or Reholders. If you are submitting this type of coin, please fill in the Current Grade and Certification Number in the appropriate area.
- Min. Grade: A minimum grade is the lowest grade you are willing to accept. If the coin does not meet the minimum grade, it will not be placed in a PCGS holder. See reverse section #5 on the form for information.
For Raw Coins: Use this column only if you do not want your coin encapsulated unless it meets this minimum grade or higher. You will be charged the full grading fee even if your coin does not meet the minimum grade specified and is not encapsulated.
For Crossovers: For a coin previously graded (currently encapsulated) by another grading service, PCGS will holder the coin only if it meets or exceeds your specific request notated in the Minimum Grade column on the front of the form. Please specify one of the following options in the minimum grade column on the front of the form. If you leave this area blank, PCGS will assume the minimum grade is the grade currently on the holder.
Note the following limitations apply:
- "CURRENT" – Requests coins to cross at grade listed on holder (no higher than 69)
- "ANY" – Requests coins to cross at any numerical grade (01-69)
- "DETAILS" – Request Genuine with Details
- If you would like to specify a lower grade than listed on the holder, write your acceptable numerical grade (include suffix if applicable).
- You cannot specify a higher minimum grade.
- MS/PR 70 coins must have a minimum grade of 69 or lower.
- You cannot specify a minimum details grade for genuine coins.
- First Strike or equivalent will not be recognized.
Fees: Standard grading fees will apply whether the coin crosses or not. Coins that do cross will also be charged a Guarantee Premium based on the value of the coin.
You will be charged the full grading fee even if your coin does not meet the minimum grade specified and is not encapsulated (since the coin completed the grading process and our graders rendered an opinion). For coins which do not meet the minimum grade specified, the result for the coins will show as DNC (Did Not Cross) as the only explanation.
There are instances when the outcome can be a "No Grade," in which case your coin will be returned to you in the same holder (see PCGS.com/services for No Grade definitions). Please keep in mind that it is not uncommon for different grading services to reach different conclusions about the grade of a particular coin. PCGS is not bound, in any way, by an opinion rendered by another grading service.
- Declared Value: Each coin submitted must have an individual value on the submission form not to exceed the maximum coin value for the service level chosen. The total of the declared values placed here will determine your return shipping costs.
In this area, calculate grading and additional service fees. For the first line, list the number of coins you are submitting on the form multiplied by the grading fee for the service level you have chosen. If you’ve selected additional services (under item number 10), utilize the line(s) notated as "additional service fee" to calculate the additional cost.
Shipping rates are located on the back of PCGS submission forms or on the PCGS website
. Shipping fees are calculated by the number of coins submitted and the total declared value of the submission. Shipping rates are subject to change. If you are unsure if the forms you are using have the most up-to-date rates, please check prior to submission. Return shipping fees are required for each submission. You may not combine shipping for multiple orders. Collectors Club members are responsible for return shipping and handling on complimentary submissions
15Estimated Guarantee Premium:
Applies to Rarities, Crossovers and Reconsiderations. The Guarantee Premium is equal to 1% of the value of the coin in its final grade. The value of the coin is determined as the higher of the Declared Value or the PCGS Price Guide value for that grade. The minimum amount for the Guarantee Premium is $5. PCGS reserves the right to make the final determination of the coin’s value.
16Estimated Total Charges:
Add the estimated total charges due for the submission. For complimentary submissions, this charge should be equivalent to your Guarantee Premium (if applicable), return shipping, and $8.00 handling fee. If you are redeeming a voucher, be sure to attach this to the submission form.
17Method of Payment:
PCGS accepts checks, money orders or a credit card as payment for submission fees. Orders that will incur the Guarantee Premium must be paid with credit card or an established line of credit with PCGS. Credit cards accepted are Visa, Master Card, Discover or AMEX. When payment is made via credit card, please note there is a $5,000 limit per month (regardless of the number of credit cards utilized).
Please read the PCGS Grading Terms & Conditions on the back of the submission form and sign in this area. PCGS will not process your order unless you have signed the submission form. For additional information, please reference the PCGS Collectors Club Agreement
19Total Declared Value:
Add all the values from the Value column and enter the total value for this submission.
- House your coins individually in 2 ½" x 2 ½" mylar flips (we do not accept acrylic snap cases or cardboard and stapled coin holders). Place the coin in the inside front pouch of the flip so the openings of the flip are not exposed.
Note: PCGS highly recommends you use mylar flips when submitting any of your coins for grading. The inert mylar flips will be a better storage unit for your coins while they are in the grading process here at PCGS.
- For Grading (raw coins), label each mylar flip using a sticker. Write the submission number and the corresponding line number for that item on the sticker and place it on the flip.
- When utilizing the carbon, four page form, tear away the gold copy (last copy) and retain for your records. Send the remaining three copies with your coins to PCGS.
- Package securely and mark the outside of the package with the fastest service level you are sending. For complimentary submissions, please mark "CLUB." This will help expedite the processing of your order.
- You may send us more than one submission at a time in the same box. If you do this, be sure and fill out the "Package Information" block at the top of the submission form.
- Please be sure that each individual order has its own submission form and method of payment. We are unable to combine orders for return shipment unless you are utilizing your own USPS or FedEx account.
- Note: When mailing packages to PCGS, please be sure to tape the entire package. By taping the package well, you’ll reduce the chances of tampering during shipping and prevent items from slipping through the openings in the box.
- Ship via USPS Registered Mail (registered, insured) for safest delivery. Ship to:
PCGS, P.O. Box 9458, Newport Beach, CA 92658
- If shipping via FedEx (excluding Ground), ship to: PCGS (Hold for pick up), 7000 Barranca Parkway, Irvine, CA 92618
- Keep a copy of the shipment tracking number for your records.
- No UPS or DHL shipments will be accepted.
- Go to www.pcgs.com/membership/ to check the status of your order.
- We do not accept postage stamps for return shipping. In addition, we do not accept boxes or containers for the return of your order.
As a Gold, Platinum or Diamond PCGS Collectors Club Member, you have been provided a voucher for complimentary coin grading submissions as part of your membership.
This voucher acts as payment for these submissions and must be presented in order to redeem your complimentary submissions.
You may submit your coins for either Grading (raw), Regrade, Crossover, or Reconsideration. You cannot submit U.S. and World coins together and you cannot submit Grading, Regrades, Crossovers or Reconsiderations on the same submission form.
To redeem your vouchers you must adhere to the following rules:
- All coins must be submitted at the same time. If you submit fewer coins than your voucher allows, you will forfeit the remaining complimentary submissions.
- Valid for submission of U.S. or World (non-U.S.) coins equivalent to either the Regular Standard or Regular Secure service level.
- Voucher is not valid for Restoration Services, Mint Errors, Special Issues, Additional Services, Guarantee Premium fees or coins valued over $3,000.
- Voucher cannot be used with any other discounts or with any other paid submissions.
- The voucher is valid for the term of the original membership only. Please refer to expiration date printed on voucher.
- Be sure to attach the voucher to the submission form. Security features have been introduced; therefore, facsimiles and photocopies will not be accepted.
- You are responsible for Guarantee Premium fees and return shipping and handling on complimentary submissions.
PCGS CUSTOMER SERVICE: 800-447-8848 • pcgs.com • email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Additional submission forms are located on the PCGS website or you may contact PCGS for hard copies. Visit our online store to purchase additional publications and supplies. You may submit coins at selected trade shows PCGS attends.
HAVE ANY QUESTIONS?
Check out our Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs).
The Standard for the Rare Coin Industry
PCGS, P.O. Box 9458, Newport Beach, CA 92658 • 800-447-8848 • Fax: 949-567-1253 • pcgs.com
©2012 Collectors Universe, Inc. • NASDAQ: CLCT 200504