Please follow these important instructions when submitting your coins directly to PCGS for grading. By following these instructions for each submission form, you will prevent any delays in processing your order. Missing information will cause delays. If you have any questions regarding the submission form that are not answered below, please contact PCGS Customer Service at [email protected] or (800) 447-8848.
- Standard Service.
- Secure Service
- Genuine with Details (default) (will print the coin problem as well as a details grade).
- Genuine no Details.
- Do not holder Genuine-only coins.
NOTE: Full grading fee will be charged.
- Quantity: Fill in the quantity of coins for that line. Example: If you have two of the exact same coin, you would write 2 as your quantity.
- PCGS Coin Number (Optional): Fill in the PCGS coin number that corresponds with the coin you are submitting. You can find U.S. coin numbers by visiting PCGS.com and select PCGS Coin Number Lookup under the Services tab.
- Date: Fill in the date of the coin being submitted and mint mark (if applicable).
- Denomination: Enter the face value of the coin you are submitting.
- Specify MS/PR/SP: Indicate the prefix of the coin you are submitting. MS = Mint State, PR = Proof, SP = Specimen
- Country: For non-U.S. coins, list the country in which your coin is from.
- Variety: Enter the variety of the coin if applicable.
Example: On a 1937-D Buffalo Nickel, the variety would be 3 Legs. While PCGS does not recognize every variety for all coins, we will recognize most varieties published in A Guide Book of United States Coins (also known as "The Red Book"). Some varieties will be recognized only through the Variety Attribution Service.
- Additional Services:
- TrueView: For an additional $10 per coin you may request a digital, high resolution image of each coin.
- Variety Attribution: For an additional $18 per coin PCGS will attribute select varieties such as VAM, Overton, Fivaz-Stanton, etc. on select coin series. PCGS guarantees all attributions through the Variety Program. For additional pricing information and to view a list of varieties PCGS is currently recognizing, visit the Variety Attribution section on the PCGS website.
- First Strike: For an additional $18 per coin PCGS will designate eligible coins with a First Strike label. See First Strike on PCGS.com for more information.
- Grade and Certification Number: This needs to be completed if submitting Regrades, Crossovers, Reconsiderations, or Reholders.
- Min. Grade: A minimum grade is the lowest grade you are willing to accept. If the coin does not meet the minimum grade, it will not be placed in a PCGS holder.
NOTE: Minimum grades are not accepted on Regrade or Reconsideration Service Types or coins dated prior to 1965.
For Raw Coins: Use this column only if you do not want your coin encapsulated unless it meets this minimum grade or higher. You will be charged the full grading fee even if your coin does not meet the minimum grade specified and is not encapsulated (only available for coins dated 1965 to date).
For Crossovers: For a coin previously graded (currently encapsulated) by another grading service, PCGS will holder the coin only if it meets or exceeds your specific request. Please specify one of the following options (If you leave this area blank, PCGS will assume the minimum grade is the grade currently on the holder).
- "CURRENT" – Requests coins to cross at grade listed on holder
- "ANY" – Requests coins to cross at any numerical grade (01-70)
- "DETAILS" – Request Genuine with Details
- "LOWER GRADE" If you would like to specify a lower grade than listed on the holder, write your acceptable numerical grade (include suffix if applicable).
- You cannot specify a higher minimum grade.
- You cannot specify a minimum details grade for existing genuine-holdered coins.
- First Strike or equivalent will not be recognized.
Fees: Standard grading fees will apply whether the coin crosses or not (since the coin completed the grading process and our graders rendered an opinion). Coins that do cross will also be charged a Guarantee Premium based on the value of the coin. For coins which do not meet the minimum grade specified, the result for the coins will show as Did Not Cross.
There are instances when the outcome can be a "No Grade," in which case your coin will be returned to you in the same holder (see PCGS.com/grades for No Grade definitions). Please keep in mind that it is not uncommon for different grading services to reach different conclusions about the grade of a particular coin. PCGS is not bound, in any way, by an opinion rendered by another grading service.
- Declared Value: Each coin submitted must have an individual value on the submission form not to exceed the maximum coin value for the service level chosen. The total of the declared values placed here will determine your return shipping costs.
- House your coins individually in 2 ½" x 2 ½" mylar flips (we do not accept acrylic snap cases or cardboard and stapled coin holders). Place the coin in the inside front pouch of the flip so the openings of the flip are not exposed.
Note: PCGS highly recommends you use mylar flips when submitting any of your coins for grading. The inert mylar flips will be a better storage unit for your coins while they are in the grading process here at PCGS.
- For Grading (raw coins), label each mylar flip using a sticker. Write the submission number and the corresponding line number for that item on the sticker and place it on the flip.
- When utilizing the carbon, four page form, tear away the gold copy (last copy) and retain for your records. Send the remaining three copies with your coins to PCGS.
- Package securely and mark the outside of the package with the fastest service level you are sending. For complimentary submissions, please mark "CLUB." This will help expedite the processing of your order.
- You may send us more than one submission at a time in the same box. If you do this, be sure and fill out the "Package Information" block at the top of the submission form.
- Please be sure that each individual order has its own submission form and method of payment. We are unable to combine orders for return shipment unless you are utilizing your own USPS or FedEx account.
- Note: When mailing packages to PCGS, please be sure to tape the entire package. By taping the package well, you’ll reduce the chances of tampering during shipping and prevent items from slipping through the openings in the box.
- Ship via USPS Registered Mail (registered, insured) for safest delivery. Ship to: PCGS, P.O. Box 9458, Newport Beach, CA 92658
- If shipping via FedEx (excluding Ground), ship to: PCGS (Hold for pick up), 7000 Barranca Parkway, Irvine, CA 92618
- Keep a copy of the shipment tracking number for your records.
- No UPS or DHL shipments will be accepted.
- Visit www.pcgs.com/membership/ to check the status of your order.
- We do not accept postage stamps for return shipping. In addition, we do not accept boxes or containers for the return of your order.
COMPLIMENTARY GRADING SUBMISSIONS:
As a Gold, Platinum or Diamond PCGS Collectors Club Member, you have been provided a voucher for complimentary coin grading submissions as part of your membership.
This voucher acts as payment for these submissions and must be presented in order to redeem your complimentary submissions.
You may submit your coins for either Grading (raw), Regrade, Crossover, or Reconsideration. You cannot submit U.S. and World coins together and you cannot submit Grading, Regrades, Crossovers or Reconsiderations on the same submission form.
To redeem your vouchers you must adhere to the following rules:
- Valid for submission of U.S. or World (non-U.S.) coins equivalent to either the Regular Standard or Regular Secure service level.
- Voucher is not valid for Restoration Services, Mint Errors, Special Issues, Additional Services, Guarantee Premium fees or coins valued over $3,000.
- Voucher cannot be used with any other discounts, specials or with any other paid submissions.
- The voucher is valid for the term of the original membership only. Please refer to expiration date printed on voucher.
- Be sure to attach the voucher to the submission form. Security features have been introduced; therefore, facsimiles and photocopies will not be accepted.
- You are responsible for Guarantee Premium fees and return shipping and handling on complimentary submissions.
PCGS CUSTOMER SERVICE: 800-447-8848 • pcgs.com • email: [email protected] • M - F 7:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. PST