2016 PCGS Services and Fees
Collectors Club membership is required for all submissions.
If you are not a member, join now.
Effective January 4, 2016
GRADING: For raw coins (not encapsulated). Minimum Grade - you may (but are not required to) specify a minimum acceptable grade (only available for coins dated 1965 to date). Coins graded below the minimum acceptable grade will not be holdered; however, the full grading fee will be charged.
REGRADE: For a coin previously graded by PCGS you feel might be worthy of a higher grade, submit it in the holder. The coin will be removed from the PCGS holder and regraded. Minimum grades are not accepted. If the coin grades lower, the terms of the PCGS guarantee will apply. For full discloser of the PCGS guarantee, visit www.PCGS.com/Guarantee.
CROSSOVER: For a coin previously graded (currently encapsulated) by another grading service. Minimum Grade: PCGS will holder the coin only if it meets or exceeds your specific request notated in the Minimum Grade column on the front of the submission form.
Please specify one of the following options in the minimum grade column. If you leave this area blank, PCGS will assume the minimum grade is the grade currently on the holder.
- CURRENT - Requests coin to cross at grade listed on holder.
- ANY – Requests coin to cross at any numerical grade (01-70).
- DETAILS – Requests coin to cross at any numerical grade or Genuine no-Grade.
- LOWER GRADE – If you would like to specify a lower grade than listed on the holder, write your acceptable numerical grade (include suffix if applicable).
Note the following limitations apply:
- You cannot specify a higher minimum grade.
- You cannot specify a minimum details grade for existing genuine-holdered coins.
- First Strike or equivalent will not be recognized.
Fees: Grading fees will apply whether the coin crosses or not. Coins that do cross will also be charged a Guarantee Premium based on the value of the coin.*
REHOLDER: Re-encapsulation of a PCGS-graded coin. The coin will not be regraded.
GUARANTEE RESUBMISSION: If you have a PCGS-graded coin that you feel is overgraded, misattributed or counterfeit, submit the coin to PCGS through the Guarantee Resubmission Service. A fee of $25 per coin must accompany all submissions through this service (Standard or Secure). If your coin is downgraded, the terms of the PCGS Guarantee will apply and all fees and charges related to the Guarantee Resubmission will be refunded.
RECONSIDERATION: Use the Reconsideration service if you would like to have your coin regraded without being removed from its current PCGS holder. Minimum grades are not accepted. There are four Reconsideration options (only one option is allowed per submission form). Learn More.
Fees: Grading fees will apply whether the coin upgrades or not. Coins that do upgrade will also be charged a Guarantee Premium based on the value of the coin.*
*The Guarantee Premium is equal to 1% of the value of the coin in its final grade. The value of the coin is determined by the PCGS Price Guide value for that grade or the Declared Value of the coin, if the Price Guide value is not available. The minimum amount for the Guarantee Premium is $5. PCGS reserves the right to make the final determination of the coin’s value.
For PCGS Secure, Add $5 per coin in addition to the Grading Fee.
Excludes Rarities, Show Rarity and Guarantee Resubmission.
|RARITIES||None**||2 - 5 days||$250 + 1%*|
(Pre-1932 Chinese and Pre-1925 Russian coins must be submitted at the Regular Service level or higher.)
|$300||20 - 30 days||$20|
|MODERN (1965 to date)||$1,000||20 - 30 days||$16|
|MINT ERRORS||$20,000||25 - 35 days||$60|
|SPECIAL ISSUES (U.S. - Colonials, Fractional Gold, Patterns, Territorials)||$20,000||25 - 35 days||$60|
(Fee refunded if coin downgrades)
|None||up to 60 days||$25|
|SHOW RARITY||None**||4 hours||$250 + 1%*|
|SHOW EXPRESS||$100,000**||4 hours||$250|
|SHOW||$100,000**||End of Show||$125|
|SHOW ECONOMY (5-coin min.)||$3,000||End of Show||$65|
|SHOW GOLD (U.S. Gold only-10-coin min.)||$3,000||End of Show||$45|
|SHOW REHOLDER||None**||End of Show||$12|
* Guarantee Premium (1% of PCGS Price Guide value or Declared Value). Applies to Rarities, Crossovers and Reconsiderations.
** Coins Required for Secure Service: 1. All World (non-U.S.) coins submitted under any service level other than the Modern Tier. 2. Any coin valued at $50k or higher.
|CAN BE ADDED TO ANY SERVICE LEVEL ABOVE|
|TrueView™ Imaging Service||Service Fee + $10|
|Variety Attribution (See website for listing of eligible coins and pricing information)||Service Fee + $18|
|First Strike Designation (See website for listing of eligible coins)||Service Fee + $18|
|If you are submitting a PCGS encapsulated coin for Variety Attribution or TrueView Imaging Service, you are responsible for the corresponding grading or reholder fee.|
|Add 3-5 days to Service Level turnaround time.|
- Tokens and Medals must be submitted under the appropriate service level based on their declared values (not available for on-site grading). For further information on eligible tokens and medals, please Click Here.
- A $10 handling fee is required for each submission in addition to grading fee.
- There will be a $2 shipping fee (per box) when using your own shipping account.
- On-Site Grading – All orders submitted for on-site grading that are not picked up by the end of show (normal PCGS show hours) will be taken back to PCGS headquarters and shipped directly to you. An additional fee of $2 (per order) will be charged on top of the standard shipping and handling fees which are based upon the number of coins and total declared value.
- Turnaround times are estimated in business days and are not guaranteed. The turnaround does not begin until the business day following the submission being entered into the grading system.
- Oversized Holder (When Required)– Coins that require the use of an oversized holder will be charged an oversized holder fee of $20 per coin.
- Genuine Service: Any coin that is not gradable but still genuine may be encapsulated under our Genuine Service. Only one option is allowed per submission form. There are three different Genuine options: 1) Genuine with Details (default) will print the coin problem as well as a details grade; 2) Genuine no Details; 3) Do not holder Genuine-only coins. Genuine, Details of, or Net Graded coins can be crossed as Genuine (with or without details grade). You cannot specify a minimum details grade for genuine coins. NOTE: Full grading fee will be charged.
U.S.P.S DOMESTIC POSTAGE AND INSURANCE RATE CHART
|PRIORITY MAIL||EXPRESS MAIL||REGISTERED MAIL|
|TOTAL DECLARED VALUE|
|Number of Coins||$1 - $1,000||$1,001 - $5,000||$5,001 - $15,000||$15,001 - $25,000||$25,001 - $50,000||$50,001 - $75,000||$75,001 - $100,000||$100,001 - $150,000||$150,001 - $200,000|
|1 - 4||$21.95||$29.95||$34.95||$39.95||$54.95||$59.95||$65.95||$99.95||$142.95|
|5 - 25||$26.95||$34.95||$39.95||$44.95||$62.95||$67.95||$72.95||$109.95||$162.95|
|26+||add .25 per coin||add .25 per coin||add .25 per coin||add .25 per coin||add .50 per coin||add .50 per coin||add .50 per coin||add .50 per coin||add .50 per coin|
|For packaging over $200,000, please contact Customer Service.|
INTERNATIONAL RETURN POSTAGE & INSURANCE INCLUDED - $200,000 MAXIMUM
|CANADA||EUROPE||All Other Regions/Countries|
|Up to 10 coins||$51.81||$57.94||$69.47|
|11 to 20 coins||$55.57||$62.83||$74.47|
|21 to 30 coins||$59.33||$67.72||$79.46|
|31 to 40 coins||$67.05||$77.10||$91.10|
|41 to 60 coins||$78.64||$91.16||$108.56|
|Over 60 coins||$1.34 per coin||$1.49 per coin||$1.60 per coin|
One of the many benefits of becoming a PCGS Collectors Club member include the Quarterly Grading Special. Each quarter, PCGS offers a new special, only available to our current Collectors Club members!
A mandatory $10 per coin fee applies to all Secure Plus Crossover submissions. This is in addition to the service level grading fee.
A mandatory $20 per coin fee applies to all coins that do not fit in our standard sized holder. This is in addition to the service level grading fee.