Stack’s Bowers Galleries, a division of Fortune 500 Company Spectrum Group International Inc., conducts live, Internet and specialized auctions of rare U.S. and world coins and currency and ancient coins, as well as direct sales through retail and wholesale channels. The company’s 80-year legacy includes the cataloging and sale of many of the most valuable collections to ever cross an auction block — the John J. Ford, Jr. and Louis E. Eliasberg, Sr. Collections, The Harry W. Bass, Jr. Collection, The Norweb Collection, and the Cardinal Collection — to name just a few. Topping off this amazing numismatic history is the inclusion of the world record for the highest price ever realized at auction for a rare coin, the 1794 Flowing Hair Silver Dollar graded Specimen-66 (PCGS) that realized over $10 million, part of their sale of the famed Cardinal Collection. The company is headquartered in Irvine, California, with offices in New York, Wolfeboro, San Francisco, Hong Kong, and Paris. Stack’s Bowers Galleries is the Official Auctioneer for several important numismatic conventions, including the 2013 ANA World’s Fair of Money and the ANA/PNG Pre-Show, the 2013 ANA National Money Show, and the Whitman Coin and Collectibles Baltimore Expo, three times yearly.
Consign or Sell Your Collection to Maximize Your Results
Here are a few unique attributes offered by Stack’s Bowers Galleries
- We are the leader at achieving the highest prices at auction. We are the world-record holder for the most expensive coin ever sold at auction along with the world-record for the most expensive piece of U.S. currency ever sold.
- Our catalogs have won more Catalog of the Year awards than any other firm.
- Our team of experts is the best of any numismatic auction house in the world. Led by Chairman Emeritus and numismatic legend Q. David Bowers, our team of rare coin and currency specialists includes many well-known and award winning U.S. and World numismatic scholars. With a combined over 1250 years of experience among them, our highly skilled professionals will ensure your coins and currency will be showcased to their full advantage.
- We offer unparalleled expertise in all areas of numismatics and our team of experts is the finest of any numismatic auction house in the world.
- Over 40 financial institutions, banks and trust companies; over 70 museums, universities, colleges and historical societies; and numerous highly experienced trustees and boards of directors have chosen Stack’s Bowers Galleries to showcase and sell their collection of coins, medals, tokens and paper money.