Judd-184 is one of several 1856-dated patterns with a Flying Eagle motif on the obverse. When it was first introduced as a pattern in 1856, the Flying Eagle Cent was an immediate hit, spawning not only a restriking of the original patterns, but the creation of a few new ones to help satisfy collector demand. This is one of those pieces. The reverse features an ornamental shield that first appeared on pattern coins in 1858 (J-193, 194, 195, 198, 199, 204, 205, 212, 216), then again in 1859 on J-227. Sometime in 1858 or 1859 (most likely in 1858), this reverse was paired with an 1856 Flying Eagle obverse to create a new an new collectible to sell or trade to eager collectors. The original mintage is unknown, but based on population reports, it was probably somewhere in the neighborhood of two dozen pieces.
Because of the 1856-dated obverse, J-184 is extremely popular with collectors today, and it commands a premium far in excess of most of the other patterns that share this reverse.
Of the known examples, the best one appears to be the single PR65 certified by PCGS (illustrated above).