Effective August 1, 2011 PCGS will be introducing several important changes in our continued efforts to combat counterfeiting.
- PCGS Secure Plus™ will be expanded to include Economy level submissions. The price for Economy Secure Plus will be $25 (vs. Standard Economy at $18).
- Plus grading will be offered for all Economy submissions, including both Standard as well as Secure Plus. There is no extra charge for this.
- No-grade “Genuine” coins will now be allowed in Secure Plus holders. Requests to reholder no-grade coins submitted through Secure Plus prior to August 1, 2011 will need to be re-submitted for grading in order to be encapsulated.
- All Chinese coins must be submitted through the Secure Plus service at the Economy service level or higher (no Modern). As part of Secure Plus, each coin is scanned, photographed, sniffed and subjected to a metal composition analysis. The metal testing is very helpful in detecting counterfeits. The availability of a photograph is also very effective in deterring counterfeiting. All valid certification numbers can be checked on our website. If there is a photograph (which is always the case for Secure Plus coins) the photograph will be displayed next to the coin information.
- If you are planning on submitting Chinese coins through the Bulk Department, please contact Customer Service for additional information.
- For Chinese Crossovers, please contact Customer Service for submission instructions
- As a reminder, a submission form must be entirely Standard or Secure Plus. The two services cannot be mixed on a single submission.
- Chinese coins are defined as coins from Hong Kong, French Indo China, Kiau Chau, China Empire, China Republic, China Soviet, Chinese Provinces, Peoples Republic of China, Japanese Puppet States, Taiwan, Viet Nam and Tibet. We also reserve the right to include any other Asian coin that we believe should be sent through Secure Plus as determined by staff.
If you have any questions or comments please contact PCGS Customer Service at 800-447-8848 or email [email protected].