2019 PCGS Collector Services & Fees
Effective January 2, 2019
You may also download the 2019 Collectors Club Services and Fees PDF.
Collectors Club membership is required for all submissions. If you are not a member, join now.
The following services are available for U.S. and World (non-U.S.) coins. For PCGS Gold Shield™ , add $5 per coin in addition to the grading fee. Express Level and higher includes Gold Shield. TrueView™ is included with Gold Shield.
|RARITIES||None||2 - 5 days||$300 + 1%*|
|ECONOMY (Non-Gold, Non-Hammered)
(World patterns and Chinese portrait/dragon/fantasy dollars must be submitted at the Regular Service Level or higher.)
|$300||25 - 35 days||$22|
|MODERN (1965 to date)||$300||20 - 30 days||$16|
|MODERN GOLD (1965 to date)||$3,000||15 days||$30|
|MINT ERRORS||$20,000||25 - 35 days||$65|
(U.S. - Colonials, Fractional Gold, Patterns, Territorials, Tokens and Medals)
|$20,000||25 - 35 days||$65|
|ECONOMY SPECIAL ISSUES
(U.S. - Colonials, Fractional Gold, Patterns, Territorials, Tokens and Medals)
|$300||25 - 35 days||$25|
|GUARANTEE RESUBMISSION (Standard or Gold Shield)
(Fee refunded if coin downgrades)
|None||varies by submission||$25|
|COLLECTORS CLUB VOUCHER||$3,000||21 days||$0|
|SHOW RARITY||None||4 hours||$300 + 1%*|
|SHOW EXPRESS||$100,000||4 hours||$300|
|SHOW||$100,000||End of Show||$150|
|SHOW ECONOMY (5-coin min.)||$3,000||End of Show||$65|
|SHOW GOLD (U.S. Gold – 10-coin min.)||$3,000||End of Show||$45|
|SHOW REHOLDER||$3,000/$100,000||End of Show||$12/$17|
|SHOW REHOLDER||None||End of Show||$300|
Coins requiring Gold Shield: I: Non-U.S. coins submitted under any service level other than Modern. 2. Reholders valued above $3,000.
* Guarantee Premium (1% of PCGS Price Guide value or Declared Value). Applies to Rarities, Crossovers and Reconsiderations.
|CAN BE ADDED TO ANY SERVICE LEVEL ABOVE|
|TrueView™ Imaging Service||Service Price + $10|
|Variety Attribution (Listing of eligible coins and pricing information, not available for on-site grading)||Service Price + $18|
|First Strike Designation (Listing of eligible coins)||Service Price + $18|
|If you are submitting a PCGS encapsulated coin for Variety Attribution or TrueView Imaging Service, you are responsible for the corresponding grading or reholder price.|
|Add 3-5 days to Service Level turnaround time. Variety Attribution not available for Show services.|
- Tokens and Medals must be submitted under the Special Issues or Economy Special Issues Service Levels. For further information on eligible Tokens and Medals, visit PCGS.com/TokensAndMedals.
- A $10 handling fee is required for each submission.
- There is a $2 shipping fee (per order) when using your own shipping account.
- On-Site Grading – All orders submitted for on-site grading that are not picked up by the end of show (normal PCGS show hours) will be taken back to PCGS headquarters and shipped directly to you. An additional fee of $2 (per order) will be charged on top of the standard shipping and handling fees which are based upon the number of coins and total declared value.
- Turnaround times are estimated in business days and are not guaranteed. The turnaround does not begin until the business day following the submission being entered into the grading system.
- Oversized Holder (When Required) – Coins that require the use of an oversized holder will be charged an oversized holder fee of $20 per coin.
TYPES OF SUBMISSIONS
GRADING: For raw coins (not encapsulated). Minimum Grade - you may (but are not required to) specify a minimum acceptable grade (only available for coins dated 1965 to date). Coins graded below the minimum acceptable grade will not be holdered; however, the full grading price will be charged.
REGRADE: For a coin previously graded by PCGS you feel might be worthy of a higher grade, submit it in the holder. The coin will be removed from the PCGS holder and regraded. Minimum grades are not accepted. If the coin grades lower, the terms of the PCGS guarantee will apply. For full discloser of the PCGS guarantee, visit PCGS.com/Guarantee.
CROSSOVER: For a coin previously graded (currently encapsulated) by another grading service. Minimum Grade: PCGS will holder the coin only if it meets or exceeds your specific request notated in the Minimum Grade column on the front of the submission form. Please specify one of the following options in the minimum grade column. If you leave this area blank, PCGS will assume the minimum grade is the grade currently on the holder.
- CURRENT – Requests coin to cross at grade listed on holder.
- ANY – Requests coin to cross at any numerical grade (01-70).
- DETAILS – Requests coin to cross at any numerical grade or Genuine no-Grade.
- LOWER GRADE – If you would like to specify a lower grade than listed on the holder, write your acceptable numerical grade (include suffix if applicable).
Note the following limitations apply:
- You cannot specify a higher minimum grade.
- You cannot specify a minimum details grade for existing genuine-holdered coins.
- First Strike or equivalent will not be recognized.
Fees: Grading prices will apply whether the coin crosses or not. Coins that do cross will also be charged a Guarantee Premium based on the value of the coin.*
REHOLDER: Re-encapsulation of a PCGS-graded coin. The coin will not be regraded.
GUARANTEE RESUBMISSION: If you have a PCGS-graded coin that you feel is overgraded, misattributed, or counterfeit, submit the coin to PCGS through the Guarantee Resubmission Service. A charge of $25 per coin plus shipping and handling must accompany all submissions through this service (Standard or Gold Shield). If your coin is downgraded, the terms of the PCGS Guarantee will apply and all charges related to the Guarantee Resubmission will be refunded.
RECONSIDERATION: Use the Reconsideration service if you would like to have your coin regraded without being removed from its current PCGS holder. Minimum grades are not accepted. Select one of the following four options for Reconsideration service. Only one option is allowed per submission form:
- Upgrade by Full Numeric Grade (default) – If your coin’s grade is determined to improve by one numeric point or more (i.e. 63 to 64 or 63+ to 64).
- Upgrade by Plus ONLY – If your coin’s grade is determined to improve by a Plus grade (i.e. 58 to 58+).
- Upgrade by Suffix – If your coin’s designation is determined to improve by suffix, even if the coin’s grade does not improve (i.e. – PL to DMPL, CA to DC, BN to RB).
- Any – Will accept options 1, 2 or 3. Coins that upgrade will be removed from the current holder, given the new grade and/or suffix, and placed in a new holder. The PCGS certification number will remain the same whether the coin upgrades or not.
Fees: Grading fees will apply whether the coin upgrades or not. Coins that do upgrade will also be charged the Guarantee Premium based on the value of the coin.*
Genuine Service – All coins submitted are subject to being deemed as Genuine (not gradable). Select one of the three options for our Genuine Service. Only one option is allowed per submission form:
- Genuine with Details (default)
- Genuine no Details
- Do not holder Genuine-only coins. The grading charges still apply to coins that are not holdered.
*Guarantee Premium – The Guarantee Premium is equal to 1% of the value of the coin in its final grade. The value of the coin is determined by the PCGS Price Guide value for that grade or the Declared Value of the coin, if the Price Guide value is not available. The minimum amount for the Guarantee Premium is $5. PCGS reserves the right to make the final determination of the coin’s value.
U.S.P.S DOMESTIC POSTAGE AND INSURANCE RATE CHART
|PRIORITY MAIL||EXPRESS MAIL||REGISTERED MAIL|
|TOTAL DECLARED VALUE|
|Number of Coins||$1 - $1,000||$1,001 - $5,000||$5,001 - $15,000||$15,001 - $25,000||$25,001 - $50,000||$50,001 - $75,000||$75,001 - $100,000||$100,001 - $150,000||$150,001 - $200,000|
|1 - 4||$22.00||$28.00||$36.00||$41.00||$57.00||$62.59||$69.25||$104.95||$150.10|
|5 - 25||$27.00||$33.00||$41.00||$47.00||$66.00||$71.35||$76.60||$115.45||$171.10|
|26+||add .25 per coin||add .25 per coin||add .25 per coin||add .25 per coin||add .50 per coin||add .50 per coin||add .50 per coin||add .50 per coin||add .50 per coin|
|For packaging over $200,000, please contact Customer Service.|
INTERNATIONAL RETURN POSTAGE & INSURANCE INCLUDED - $100,000 MAXIMUM
|CANADA||EUROPE||All Other Regions/Countries|
|Up to 10 coins||$54.40||$60.84||$72.94|
|11 to 20 coins||$58.35||$65.97||$78.19|
|21 to 30 coins||$62.30||$71.11||$83.43|
|31 to 40 coins||$70.40||$80.96||$95.66|
|41 to 60 coins||$82.57||$95.72||$113.99|
|Over 60 coins||$1.41 per coin||$1.56 per coin||$1.68 per coin|
One of the many benefits of becoming a PCGS Collectors Club member include the Quarterly Grading Special.
Each quarter, PCGS offers a new special, only available to our current Collectors Club members!