Below is a step-by-step guide to completing the PCGS Banknote submission form. You may either click within the numbered areas on the form or scroll down to see all the instructions plus shipping instructions and complimentary grading submissions. By following these instructions you will prevent any delays in processing your order.
Member Name and Number - Please provide your PCGS Collectors Club/Authorized Dealer name and number. You must be a PCGS Authorized Dealer or Collectors Club member in order to submit banknotes. If you are not currently a member, select the appropriate box to purchase an annual recurring membership: Silver ($69), Gold ($149), or Platinum ($249). Please note applicable sales tax apply for the following states: New Jersey and Texas.
Return Shipping Address (required) - Provide your return shipping address and contact details here (name, address, city, state, zip, phone, and email).
Service Type - Please select one service type from the list below (one selection permitted per form):
- GRADING: For raw banknotes (not currently encapsulated). You may (but are not required to) specify a minimum acceptable grade. Banknotes graded below the minimum acceptable grade will not be holdered; however, the full grading fee will be charged.
- REGRADE: For banknotes previously certified by PCGS Banknote, PCGS Gold Shield Grading, or PCGS Banknote Grading that you feel might be worthy of a higher grade. Submit in the PCGS Banknote, PCGS Gold Shield Grading, or PCGS Banknote Grading holder. Banknotes submitted under the regrade service will be removed from the holder and regraded. Grading fees will apply whether the banknote upgrades or not. If the banknote grades lower, the terms of the PCGS Banknote Guarantee will apply. For full disclosure on the PCGS Banknote Guarantee, visit www.pcgs.com/banknote/guarantee.
- CROSSOVER: For a banknote previously graded (currently encapsulated) by another grading service. PCGS Banknote will holder the banknote only if it meets or exceeds your specific request notated in the “Minimum Grade” column on the front of the form. Grading fees will apply whether the banknote crosses or not. Please specify one of the options below in the “Minimum Grade” column on the front of the form. If you leave this area blank, PCGS will assume the minimum grade is the grade currently on the holder.
- Minimum Grade Options:
CURRENT - Requests banknote to cross at grade listed on holder.
ANY - Requests banknote to cross at any numerical grade (01 – 70).
OTHER GRADE - If you would like to specify a different grade than listed on the holder, write your minimum acceptable numerical grade.
Note the following limitations apply:
» Qualifying PMG First Print, First Day of Issue or equivalent may be recognized.
Banknotes that are currently encapsulated by other grading services may have issues that are not discovered until the banknotes are removed from their current holders. Therefore, PCGS Banknote cannot guarantee that a submitted banknote presently encapsulated by another service will not, upon removal from its holder, downgrade due to problems not seen on the note prior to its decapsulation. By submitting a banknote to the crossover service, the submitter agrees that PCGS Banknote is not liable for changes made to grade, attribution and authenticity as determined by PCGS Banknote experts.
- REHOLDER: For the re-encapsulation of PCGS Gold Shield Grading or PCGS Banknote certified banknotes. Any banknote submitted under the reholder service will not be regraded.
- GUARANTEE RESUBMISSION: If you have a PCGS Gold Shield or PCGS Banknote-graded banknote that you feel is overgraded, misattributed, or counterfeit, submit the banknote through the Guarantee Resubmission Service. A fee of $25 per banknote must accompany all submissions through this service. If your banknote is downgraded, the terms of the PCGS Banknote Guarantee will apply and all fees and charges related to the Guarantee Resubmission will be refunded. Additional guarantee terms and conditions apply. Please visit www.pcgs.com/banknote/guarantee for more information.
Genuine Option - Please select “Standard” to have your notes graded numerically or “Genuine only” for authentication only, no grading. Select only one of the two options:
- Standard (Default)
- Genuine Only
FEES: Full grading fee will be charged with either selection.
Service Level - Select only one service level per form. Service level is based on the declared value per item listed. The individual declared values cannot exceed the maximum value for the service level that is selected. Please note the minimum requirements and restrictions within each service level. You may select a higher service level for a quicker turnaround time.
- All specimen, proof, error, and small commercial (private) issue notes must be submitted under the Special Issues service level or higher.
- All Banknotes submitted under the Economy service level must be dated prior to 1960.
- Banknotes submitted under the Modern service level must be dated 1960 to present.
- A minimum of 25 consecutive banknotes are required to submit through the Bulk Consecutive service level.
- A minimum of 50 non-consecutive banknotes, dated 1960-date are required to submit through the Modern Bulk Non-Consecutive service level. All banknotes must be the same type.
- A minimum of 50 non-consecutive banknotes, dated before 1960, are required to submit through the Vintage (Pre 1960) Bulk Non-Consecutive service level. All banknotes must be the same type.
- For Collectors’ Club voucher redemption, submit through “Regular” service, provide voucher number on the “Other” line.
- GUARANTEE PREMIUM*: Equal to 1% of the value of the banknote in its final grade. The value of the banknote is determined by the PCGS Price Guide value for that grade or the Declared Value of the banknote, if the Price Guide value is not available. The minimum amount for the Guarantee Premium is $10. PCGS reserves the right to make the final determination of the banknote’s value.
Banknote Details - List the details for each banknote in the following area.
- Quantity - List the total number of banknotes (per line). If you have multiple of the same banknote with the same catalog number, you can list them on the same line.
- Country - List the country where the banknote was issued.
- Catalog # - Provide the catalog number for each banknote.
- Date/Series - List the date or series of the banknote.
- Denomination - List the denomination of the banknote.
- Type - List the type of banknote (if applicable).
- Serial Number/Pedigree - Notate the serial number and any pedigree requests here. For multiple notes with consecutive serial numbers, list the range of numbers. All pedigree requests must be pre-approved. PCGS reserves the right to deny pedigree requests and refund applicable pedigree fees. FEES: $5 per banknote.
- Declared Value - Indicate the insurance value (per banknote). Please note: this value cannot exceed the maximum note value for the selected Service Level (from Section 5). If no value is assigned, you authorize PCGS to assign a $50 value per banknote.
- Additional / Add-On Services
- First Day of Issue (Add $5 per banknote).
- First Print (Add $5 per banknote).
- Oversized Holder (Add $10 per banknote) – Required for banknotes that require the use of an oversized holder (larger than 19cm x 8cm).
- Oversized Custom Holder (Add $40 per banknote) - Required for uncut sheets or banknotes larger than 25cm x 19cm.
Alternate Return Shipping - Select shipping method and delivery speed. You must provide your own account number and insurance coverage. Add $4/order when using alternate shipping methods. Authorized Dealers only may pick up at PCGS by scheduling an appointment in advance. If not using Alternate Return Shipping, provide the fee based on the Return Shipping Rate Chart.
Fee Calculation - Calculate all appropriate fees for the submission. For return shipments, all orders will be fully insured with signature required (excluding Alternate Return Shipping methods). Do not send postage stamps or pre-paid postage labels for the return of your package. Contact Customer Service if delivery of your returned package is not made in 14 days from the shipment date.
Payment Method - Include check, money order, or credit card information. You must include payment, or your order will not be processed. On orders that the Guarantee Premium* will apply, PCGS requests a credit card as method of payment to help ensure quick processing of your order. All fees must be paid in USD.
Terms & Conditions - Sign and date bottom of form after reading the Terms & Conditions below. Order will not be processed without signature. Keep gold copy for your records. Place each banknote individually in a new mylar sleeve and package securely. Do not send banknotes with staples. Package banknotes and submission form carefully. Name of service must be clearly marked on outside of package. This will help expedite the processing of your order. Ship via U.S. Mail (registered, insured) or USPS Express Mail to PCGS, P.O. Box 9458, Newport Beach, CA 92658. For FedEx Express shipments, mail to CU RECEIVING, 7000 Barranca Pkwy, Irvine, California 92618. Packages to PCGS must be insured. For international shipments the customer is liable for any duties and taxes assessed on the shipment to and from PCGS.
All terms and conditions are subject to change. Estimated turnaround times do not include mailing time and reflect business days. IF MORE THAN ONE SERVICE TYPE, GENUINE OPTION, OR SERVICE LEVEL IS INCLUDED ON ANY ONE FORM, YOU AUTHORIZE PCGS BANKNOTE TO SEPARATE THE ORDER FOR PROCESSING AND AGREE TO PAY ANY ADDITIONAL GRADING, GUARANTEE PREMIUM, HANDLING, AND SHIPPING FEES THAT MAY APPLY.
COMPLIMENTARY GRADING SUBMISSIONS:
As a Gold or Platinum PCGS Collectors Club Member, you have been provided a voucher for complimentary banknote grading submissions as part of your membership.
Please include your voucher with your complimentary submissions or provide the voucher number on the "other" line in the Service Level section.
You may submit your banknotes for either Grading (raw), Regrade, Crossover, or Reconsideration. You cannot submit U.S. and World banknotes together and you cannot submit Grading, Regrades, Crossovers or Reconsiderations on the same submission form.
To redeem your vouchers you must adhere to the following rules:
- Valid for submission of U.S. or World (non-U.S.) banknotes equivalent to either the Regular Standard or Regular Gold Shield service level.
- Voucher is not valid for Special Issues, Additional Services, Guarantee Premium fees or banknotes valued over $2,500.
- Voucher cannot be used with any other discounts or specials.
- Vouchers are valid for submissions to the PCGS U.S. office only.
- The voucher is valid for the term of the original membership only. Please refer to expiration date printed on voucher or referenced in your online welcome email.
- You are responsible for Guarantee Premium fees and return shipping and handling on complimentary submissions.