Stack’s Bowers Galleries
Stack’s Bowers Galleries conducts live, Internet and specialized auctions of rare U.S. and world coins and currency and ancient coins, as well as direct sales through retail and wholesale channels. The company’s 80-year legacy includes the cataloging and sale of many of the most valuable United States coin and currency collections to ever cross an auction block — The John J. Ford, Jr., The Louis E. Eliasberg, Sr. Collections, The Harry W. Bass, Jr. Collection, The Norweb Collection, The Cardinal and The Battle Born Collection — to name just a few. World coin and currency collections include The Louis E. Eliasberg, Sr. Collection of World Gold Coins, The Kroisos Collection, The Alicia and Sidney Belzberg Collection, The Wa She Wong Collection, The Guia Collection, The Thos. H. Law Collection, and The Robert O. Ebert Collection.
Topping off this amazing numismatic history is the inclusion of the world record for the highest price ever realized at auction for a rare coin, the 1794 Flowing Hair Silver Dollar graded Specimen-66 (PCGS) that realized over $10 million, part of their sale of the famed Cardinal Collection.
About the D. Brent Pogue Collection
Stack's Bowers Auctions auctioned the D. Brent Pogue Collection, which is considered as the finest collection of early American coinage in our lifetime. This collection was auctioned in five installments over a two-year span from 2015 to 2017. Be sure to check out this incredible collection by reviewing the catalog, press releases and Prices Realized links under "Helpful Links".
Top 20 Highlights of the D. Brent Pogue Collection – Part V
Consign or Sell Your Collection to Maximize Your Results
Here are a few unique attributes offered by
Stack’s Bowers Galleries
- We are the leader at achieving the highest prices at auction. We are the world-record holder for the most expensive coin ever sold at auction along with the world-record for the most expensive piece of U.S. currency ever sold.
- Our catalogs have won more Catalog of the Year awards than any other firm.
- Our team of experts is the best of any numismatic auction house in the world. Led by Chairman Emeritus and numismatic legend Q. David Bowers, our team of rare coin and currency specialists includes many well-known and award winning U.S. and World numismatic scholars. With a combined over 1250 years of experience among them, our highly skilled professionals will ensure your coins and currency will be showcased to their full advantage.
- We offer unparalleled expertise in all areas of numismatics and our team of experts is the finest of any numismatic auction house in the world.
- Over 40 financial institutions, banks and trust companies; over 70 museums, universities, colleges and historical societies; and numerous highly experienced trustees and boards of directors have chosen Stack’s Bowers Galleries to showcase and sell their collection of coins, medals, tokens and paper money.
- Our Official Auction of the ANA World's Fair of Money
August 13-16, 2019
- Our Official Auction of the Hong Kong Coin Show
August 19-22, 2019
- August Collectors Choice Online Auction
August 28, 2019
- September Collectors Choice Online Auction
September 18, 2019
- October Collectors Choice Online Auction
October 16-17, 2019
- Our Official Auction of the Whitman Coin and Collectibles Winter Expo
November 12-15, 2019
- December Collectors Choice Online Auction
December 11, 2019
- Our Official Auction of the N.Y.I.N.C.
January 17-18, 2020
- Our Official Auction of the Whitman Coin and Collectibles Spring Expo
March 18-20, 2020
- Pogue Press Release
- Pogue, Part V Catalog
- Auction Prices Realized, Part V
- Pogue, Part IV Catalog
- Auction Prices Realized, Part IV
- Pogue, Part III Catalog
- Auction Prices Realized, Part III
- Pogue, Part II Catalog
- Auction Prices Realized, Part II
- Pogue, Part I Catalog
- Auction Prices Realized, Part I
- Auction of the Decade