(Santa Ana, California) – Emily Damstra, natural science illustrator and current U.S. Coin designer has signed an exclusive insert label signature deal with Professional Coin Grading Service (www.PCGS.com). Damstra has eleven unique U.S. design credits to her name, including the forthcoming 2019-W Idaho, River of No Return Quarter.
In addition to designing for coins in the U.S. Emily also has artistic credits with the Royal Canadian Mint, and her work appears in zoos, museums, parks, and numerous publications. With a Master of Fine Arts degree from the University of Michigan, Damstra delivers captivating artwork with a focus on the natural environment and bringing to life the world of her subjects. Two of her coin designs have also won Coin of The Year (COTY) awards: the 2017 Boys Town silver dollar (U.S.) and the 2014 Maple Canopy: Autumn Allure (Canada).
PCGS President Brett Charville is proud to offer hand-signed signature labels from Emily Damstra that commemorate her work and recognize the contributions women make in numismatics. “The recent designs from Emily Damstra have made an impressive mark on U.S. coinage,” said Charville. “She achieves what few designers can, salient images that carry the art of storytelling.”
Emily Damstra has been designing U.S. coins since 2014, and next year, her design will be featured on the 2020 Kansas, Tallgrass Prairie Quarter. “I am honored to work with PCGS to deliver hand-signed labels uniquely paired with the coins I’ve designed,” Damstra reflected. “Being able to share my passion for visual storytelling with a wider audience is a tremendous privilege.”
Emily Damstra’s full list of U.S. coin and medal credits is as follows:
- 2020 - Quarter: Kansas (Tallgrass Prairie), Reverse (designer) [Forthcoming/confirmed]
- 2019 - Quarter: Idaho (River of No Return), Reverse (designer)
- 2019 - American Innovation Dollar (Georgia), Reverse (designer)
- 2019 - Native American Dollar, Reverse (designer)
- 2018 - Commemorative Coin: Breast Cancer Awareness, Obverse (designer)
- 2018 - Commemorative Coin: Breast Cancer Awareness, Reverse (designer)
- 2018 - Office of Strategic Services Bronze Medal, Obverse (designer)
- 2018 - Office of Strategic Services Bronze Medal, Reverse (designer)
- 2018 - World War I Centennial Army Medal, Obverse (designer)
- 2017 - Commemorative Coin $1: Boys Town Centennial, Obverse (designer)
- 2017 - Commemorative Coin $1: Boys Town Centennial, Reverse (designer)
In celebration of the Idaho quarter being the final coin for the PCGS 2019-W Quarter Quest, the First Discovery winner will also receive an Emily Damstra signed label on their submission in addition to the $2000 bounty. First Week of Discovery winners will also have the option to add the special label to their winning coins at no charge. More information on the PCGS Quarter Quest can be found here: https://www.pcgs.com/2019quarterquest
For more information on how to request an Emily Damstra signed label on your next submission, visit the PCGS Special Labels Page at https://www.pcgs.com/labels.
About Professional Coin Grading Service
Professional Coin Grading Service (PCGS) represents the industry standard in third-party certification. Since 1986, PCGS has examined and certified over 42 million coins, medals, and tokens with a combined value of over $36 billion. For more information about PCGS products and services, including how to submit your coins for authentication and grading, visit www.PCGS.com or call PCGS Customer Service at (800) 447-8848.